TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL AGREEMENT KALKANAKOS RENT A CAR. Hereinafter called "Lessor", hereby rents Vehicle to Customer subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement. In consideration whereof Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees:
Read more1. This Agreement consists of all the terms and conditions on this page and its reverse side whether printed or written. *Customer' means the person(s) signing this Agreement and any other person or organization to whom charges are billed by the Lessor at the direction of the person so signing, all of whom shall be jointly and severally liable here-under. -Vehicle' means the automobile in good mechanical condition identified on the reverse side of this page of this Agreement and all tires, tools, accessories and equipment attached thereto or contained therein.
2. Vehicle is the sole property of Lessor. This is an agreement of rental only. Customer is not Lessors agent for any purpose. Customer acknowledges that he acquires no rights other than stated in this Agreement.
3. Customer shall return Vehicle to Lessor at the location where rented or other rental office if designated in this Agreement, on the return date specified in this Agreement sooner if demanded by the Lessor. Lessor reserves the right to repossess Vehicle at any time without demand at Customers expense if Vehicle is used in violation of this Agreement in the event of loss or damage to Vehicle while on rental, whether or not due to the fault of the Customer. Customer shall pay to Lessor on demand the amount of all resulting loss and expenses of Lessor, except: (a) If Customer has complied with all terms and conditions of this Agreement, but not otherwise, then Customer is NOT responsible for direct and accidental loss or damage to Vehicle from fire or theft. (b) If Customer has complied with all terms and conditions of this Agreement, but not otherwise, Customers responsibility for direct and accidental loss or damage to Vehicle from collision or upset is WAIVED by Lessor it Customer accepts Collision Damage Waiver at time of rental by initialling in "Accept" box on the reverse side of this page. If Customer does not accept C.D.W. his responsibility remains.
4. Customer shall pay Lessor on demand at the termination of the rental, unless agreed otherwise, the sum of: (a) Time and milleage charges computed at the rates shown in this Agreement (mileage to be determined by reading factory-installed odometer). (b) Basic, minimum service and other charges when applicable to the rental. (c) Sates and use taxes on the rental, or the amount charged by Lessor as reimbursement for sales and use taxes on the acquisition or use of Vehicle. (d) Lessors cost, including attorney’s fees, delay interest incurred on collecting payments due from Customer under this Agreement. (e) Fines, penalties, forfeitures, courts costs and other expenses, if assessed against Lessor under compulsion of law, with respect to use of Vehicle while on rental to Customer, unless due to Lessors fault; but this shall not relieve Customer or any other person of direct responsibility to any federal, state or municipal body for his own unlawful conduct. All charges are subject to final audit. (f) Granted, discounts will be recalled if settlement of account is not made within the sets limits.
5. Customer releases and holds Lessor, its agents and employees, harmless from all claims for loss or damage to personal property of Customer or any other person left or carried in or upon Vehicle or any service Vehicle of Lessor by Customer or such other person, or received, handled or stored by Lessor, at any time before, during or after this rental, whether or not same is due to Lessors negligence or other fault.
6. Vehicle shall NOT be used: (a) against the terms and conditions of this Agreement. (b) To carry persons or property for hire. (c) To carry more persons than it is licensed for. (d) To propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other object. (e) To transfer or carry heavy luggage or objects, inflammable materials, staining or badly smelling goods, narcotics. (f) In any race, test or contest. (9) While Customer or any other driver of the Vehicle is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinatory drugs, narcotics or barbiturates. (h) Outside Greece without the advance authorization of Lessor.
7. Vehicle shall NOT be operated or driven by any person other than Customer unless such person has previously designated and authorized by Lessor in the space provided on the reverse side of this page of this Agreement, and all additional authorized drivers are jointly and severally liable with the Customer under this Agreement.
8. If Vehicle is obtained from Lessor by fraud or misrepresentation or is obtained or used in furtherance of an illegal purpose, all use of Vehicle is WITHOUT LESSOR'S PER-MISSION and Customer is liable to penal prosecution.
9. If Customer wants to prolong. The rental period of the Vehicle, he has to contact the Lessor or any of its branch offices within 48 hours before the initial expiration time of the rental and pay for the additional rental period. Failing to do so will make Customer liable civilly and penalty for illegal use and possession of Vehicle. That in addition Customer shall be bound by these terms and conditions to any extension of the rented period agreed by Lessor or in respect of any replacement Vehicle Rented in lieu of the Vehicle'.
10. Failing to return the Vehicle at the time and date stated on the reverse side of this page will make Customer responsible to compensate Lessor in addition to the normal rental charge.
11. During the rental Customer assumes full responsibility to take care of the Vehicle, to check its mechanical condition, the oil, water etc., as well as the tyres and the general driving conditions of the Vehicle. Any repair of Vehicle by Customer himself or any other party designated by Customer is not allowed without prior consent of Lessor.
12. That Customer shall always lock the vehicle, when not in use, and take all precautions to prevent its theft or the pilferage of its accessories.
13. Customer is responsible to pay any amount required for mechanical repairs or replacement of destroyed tyres, (weels) or any damage underneath of the rented car due to his negligence. The above damages in any case are not covered by C.D.W. insurance.
14. In case of accident or any other incident (fire, theft. etc.) Customer is responsible to follow the insurance procedure as set out below: (a) Call the police. (b) Obtain names and addresses of eyewitnesses. (c) Do not accept any responsibility or fault for the accident. (d) Contact immediately by phone or other means the Lessor or any of its nearest branch offices. (e) Obtain all relevant information from the third party or parties. (f) Complete and sign an accident report within 24 hours from the time of the accident. (g) Send any other document or information relative to the accident to the Lessor
15. Lessor provides coverage for person using Vehicle with the permission of Lessor (and not otherwise) in accordance with an automobile third party liability, insurance policy, tie terms. Conditions and exceptions of which are incorporated by reference herein as if set forts at length, including without limitation, any pecritorial restriction as may be contained in such policy. Insurance coverage may vary depending on the country in which the Vehicle is registered but as a minimum will always comply with the insurance requirements of the country in which Lessor has permitted the Vehicle to be operated
16. Customer, additional authorized drivers and any passenger are not covered by an Insurance unless Customer accepts Personal Accident Insurance at the time of the rental by initialling in 'Accept' box on the reverse side of this page.
17. Customer is responsible for and shalt pay all parking and traffic violations.
18. Any and all disputes which may arise between Lessor and Customer shall fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Athens - Greece.